Are we officially the first to wish you a merry Christmas?
You know how this works by now: Right now it’s the heat of summer and December feels like lightyears away, but you also know your local Hobby Lobby will be putting Christmas trees and wreaths in their lobby any day now, and then the downhill race to the end of the year is fiercely unstoppable.
Christmas is a long ways away, but now is a great time to start getting your act together. It’s OK if you don’t have your sermon series graphic done (ha!) and there’s no way your worship leaders have their setlists ready (ha, ha!), but there is other work you can do now to stay ahead of the game.
We’ve also been around long enough to know that some of you will devour this content now and get to work on your awesome plans while others will come back and frantically check these out on November 29. Either way, use these tools to help create and execute a killer Christmas marketing plan that will help those in your community experience the gift of Jesus in a real and powerful way this holiday season.
Content Marketing for Christmas
“Content marketing” and “lead magnets” are popular buzzwords these days. If your church hasn’t gone down this road yet utilizing free content downloads to bring in new audiences, Shannon Whitehead has some valuable pointers for us this month especially related to our Christmas marketing strategies. Shannon works at Church Fuel and has years of church comm experience.
More Christmas Resources
Along with the articles and pointers listed below, we also have a great slate of free Christmas designs:
- A complete Christmas invite pack (including Facebook ads, Facebook banners, postcards, invite cards, and more!).
- 25 Advent images for social media.
- Printable and customizable Advent devotional.
Plus these new resources:
- The “Check-It-Twice” Christmas Planning Checklist.
- Ideas of how to keep Christmas simple.
- 7 ways to improve your Facebook ads.
- Should your church consider traditional advertising for Christmas?
- 10 Christmas stage design ideas.
- 12 ideas for thanking Christmas volunteers.
- Hey, don’t forget about Thanksgiving.
Plus our awesome social graphics.
See the Resources
Matt Ehresman wrote this originally at Church Marketing Sucks .