Welcome to this week’s edition of the Social Media Marketing Talk Show, a news show for marketers who want to stay on the leading edge of social media.
On this week’s Social Media Marketing Talk Show, we explore Facebook’s new tool for testing ad campaigns and the latest updates to video and live-streaming features with special guests, Allie Bloyd and Ian Anderson Gray.
Tune Into the Social Media Marketing Talk Show
Watch the replay of this week’s show below.
About Our Special Guests
- Allie Bloyd is a Facebook ads expert who specializes in helping local businesses. She’s the founder of Allie Bloyd Media, a local business agency that focuses on content marketing, social media marketing, and lead generation.
- Ian Anderson Gray is a confident live video marketing coach and founder of the Confident Live Marketing Academy. He blogs and live-streams at Seriously Social and is the host of The Confident Live Marketing Podcast.
Use the timestamps below to fast-forward to our top stories in the replay above.
- 2:40 Facebook Launches New Approach to Ad Testing Called “Experiments”
- 22:04 Facebook Enables Automatic Business Page Tagging Feature for Stories
- 23:47 Facebook Adds New Features for Video and Live Streaming
Facebook Launches New Approach to Ad Testing Called “Experiments”: Facebook rolled out a new Experiments section in Ads Manager that combines the results of multiple types of ad campaign tests and allows marketers to A/B test campaigns and measure conversion and brand lift in one place.
— Social Pro Daily (@SocialProDaily) March 30, 2020
Facebook notes that the Experiments tool is intended to “help marketers optimize ad performance and give them a deeper understanding of the true impact of their ads, allowing them to make better business decisions.” Advertisers can find out more about this new product in Facebook’s Ads Help Center.
Facebook Enables Automatic Business Page Tagging Feature for Facebook and Instagram Stories: It appears that Facebook rolled out a new automatic tagging feature that allows users and other pages to tag a brand page in their stories. Page admins will also have the option to allow any tagged Facebook stories shared to Instagram to automatically link to the brand’s Facebook page.
The update, which can be found in your page settings, was discovered by Lisa D. Jenkins from the Social Media Examiner staff.
Facebook Adds New Features for Video and Live Streaming: To keep up with the increased demand for video content, Facebook rolled out a series of new video features designed to help creators build audiences, increase discovery, and encourage return viewership. These new features include a streamlined process for uploading and managing video content in bulk, updates to playlists, a fresh way to publish episodic content on pages, and more. These updates are available to all pages globally.
Facebook is also developing new features to meet the increased demand for live content. These new live-streaming updates include the launch of Live Producer, more accessibility, expended creator tools for video clipping and comment moderation, and more.
— Engadget (@engadget) March 27, 2020
Facebook is adding new options that will make it easier for people to access live streams on mobile, including non-Facebook users and those with unreliable connections, so creators can reach more viewers and increase discoverability.
We built Facebook Live to bring people together through video in real time and we’re seeing that people need these…
Other News Mentioned
- Instagram Considers Option to Add More Than One Guest to Instagram Live Stream
- Facebook published a new set of guides to help businesses dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic including individual guides for retail advertisers, eCommerce advertisers, and all other businesses. Facebook also created resources for faith communities.
About the authorGrace Duffy
Grace Duffy, serves on the Editorial Staff at Social Media Examiner as News Producer. She is a social media strategist, marketer and content creator with a passion for connecting people through technology.
Get Social Media Examiner’s Future Articles in Your Inbox!
Get our latest articles delivered to your email inbox and get the FREE Social Media Marketing Industry Report (46 pages, 60+ charts)!
Grace Duffy wrote this originally at Social Media Marketing | Social Media Examiner .