Child Theme Configurator is a fast and easy to use utility that allows you to analyze any theme for common problems, create a child theme and customize it beyond the options of the Customizer. Designed for WordPress users who want to be able to customize child theme stylesheets directly, Child Theme Configurator lets you easily identify and override the exact CSS attributes you want to customize. The Analyzer scans the rendered theme and automatically configures your child theme. It correctly enqueues theme and font stylesheets for optimum performance and handles vendor-specific syntax, giving you unlimited control over the Child Theme look and feel while leaving your Parent Theme untouched. Learn more about how to create a child theme.
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CHILD THEMES
Child Theme Configurator parses and indexes your stylesheets so that every CSS media query, selector, property and value are at your fingertips. Second, it shows you how each customization you make will look before you commit it to the child theme. Finally, it saves your work so that you can customize styles in your child themes without the risk of losing your edits.
You can create any number of child themes from your existing Parent Themes. Child Theme Configurator lets you choose from your installed themes (even existing child themes) and save the results in your Themes directory.
When you are ready, just activate the Child Theme and your WordPress site takes on the custom styles automatically.
WHY CREATE CHILD THEMES AND CUSTOMIZE STYLES USING CHILD THEME CONFIGURATOR?
- Some things cannot be changed using the Customizer.
- Unless you use a child theme, you will lose any changes you made to templates and stylesheets when you update.
- Child Theme Configurator automatically determines the correct way to set up a child theme based on the theme you are using.
- You can find the exact style selectors your theme uses and change properties quickly.
- You can locate, copy and edit theme templates from the admin.
- Much more:
- Update themes without losing customizations
- Smart Theme Analyzer determines correct settings to use
- Resolve common child theme issues with almost any parent theme
- Copy existing widgets, menus and Customizer options to child theme
- Use web fonts in your child theme
- Enqueue (link) stylesheets instead of using @import
- Quickly locate and edit theme CSS.
- Customize @media queries for responsive design
- Select hex, RGBA (transparent) and named colors using Spectrum color picker
- Add fallback styles (multiple values per property)
- Save hours of development time
- Multisite compatible
- Make modifications unavailable to the Customizer
- Export child themes as Zip Archive
- Identify and override exact selectors from the parent theme
- Change specific colors, backgrounds, font styles, etc., without changing other elements
- Automatically generate cross-browser and vendor-prefixed properties and CSS gradients
- Preview custom styles before committing to them
- Uses WP Filesystem API – will not create files you cannot remove
Go to http://www.childthemeconfigurator.com/
Serbo-Croatian translation courtesy of Borisa Djuraskovic firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.webhostinghub.com
Copyright: (C) 2014-2018 Lilaea Media
Why It’s a Sanctioned Plugin
It is always good practice to create a copy of anything you work on online before editing the actual file. This is in case you loose your progress accidentally or your mess something up. It’s always highly recommended to create a Child Theme (bascially a duplicate of your current theme) and use it to make cosmetic changes to your current theme. Creating a Child Theme manually can be very confusing if you’re not a web developer.
I have always used this plugin since I first started designing websites on WordPress and I’ve found it VERY easy to create a child theme and manage it. I’ve never had any theme/plugin conflicts, the interface easily and automatically sets it up for you, and Lilaea Media always keeps this plugin updated. I highly recommend using this plugin for creating Child Themes easily.