I track web analytics fairly closely at my church, and I remember the monumental day a few years ago when I realized we were receiving more web traffic from mobile devices than we were from desktop computers. It seemed almost hard to believe, but there’s certainly no turning back now. Everyone is on their phone always. That certainly has some negative consequences we need to be aware of, but it’s also just a fact of the world we live in.
So what are you doing with that fact? How are you engaging with your church on the devices they’re using? It might seem scary or impossible to execute successful mobile engagement strategies on top of everything else you’re already doing, but fear not. You’ve got this, and we’ve got your back.
Luckily it’s never been easier to create and share mobile content. If you have questions about apps, texting, and mobile websites, work your way through this month’s resources. Don’t be overwhelmed by an impossible to-do list. Choose a few things to work on, and start chipping away.
Resources for the Mobile Web
We have these new resources, all about mobile:
- A webinar with Haley Veturis where she explains how your church can engage the other 167 hours each week.
- Engage during the week, and don’t forget to tell your church.
- Making a case: Native mobile apps are worth it.
- Making a case: Nah, you only need a mobile-friendly website.
- How YouVersion can boost engagement between services.
- How your church can use text message marketing.
- Pros and cons of text giving.
- Using mobile to boost Sunday participation.
- Getting your website mobile-ready and mobile-first.
- How and when to redesign your website.
Plus our awesome social graphics.
See the Resources
Matt Ehresman wrote this originally at Church Marketing Sucks .